Also included in
- This Literacy Mystery Bundle contains all of my 'Private Eye CSI' story activity packets to date. It will be a growing bundle since there are more mysteries currently in the making to be added.Easy prep! Just Print & Solve! Or go paperless with the new Google Docs option provided within your dow$39.60$49.50Save $9.90
This Thanksgiving Private Eye CSI Literacy Mystery will require your students to read the text carefully, make inferences, collect evidence, and analyze the text for clues to solve the Case of the Turkey Tournament. Everything that you need for this activity is in the download; all you need is paper to print and pencils to write - or a computer if you want to use the worksheets in Google Slides.!
Easy prep! Just Print & Solve! Or go paperless with the new Google Slides option provided within your download.
NEW - Distance Learning Update: I've added a Word Document within the folder that contains a Google Doc link to share this resource with your students via Google Classroom or Drive. Parts of the pages are editable so that your students can complete without having to print the pages. Please note, you will need to make a copy of the Google Slides to your drive before you can edit.
- Making Inferences
- Main Idea
- Drawing Conclusions
- Analyzing Text for Clues
- Finding Evidence
- Critical Thinking
- Teacher instructions
- The introduction page to set the stage
- Case File Templates: Suspect page, evidence page, detective note page.
*****Optional Master List table format is given in a separate editable file, which you may prefer to use instead of the original suspect/evidence pages.
- Reading pages with comprehension questions.
(There are eight pages for the investigation in total)
- Solution declaration page (students will be required to write or choose clues to convict a suspect or to prove the incident was just a coincidence! Two options provided for this section.)
- Answer sheets and solution guide
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case correctly!
Use as an independent, pairs, or small group task. Make it a part of your ELA sessions, add to your early finisher tasks, keep handy for a sub, or give as a homework assignment.
Since reading levels can vary greatly from class to class, I've put a guide for grade levels from 4th - 6th grade. Students will need to be able to read and look for clues themselves in this mystery. If you would like a sample page, please send an email to [email protected]
This style of mystery is different from my Reading 'Once Upon a Crime' and Math Mystery ranges. In these'Private Eye CSI' Literacy Mysteries students will be building suspect files and reading closely to look for clues in the text. They will need to read carefully and act like real detectives to work out what is useful information to their case and what is not. Then they must use the information found to figure out if anyone is responsible for what happened at the Turkey Tournament or if it all was just a bizarre coincidence! They will also need to provide enough evidence to convict a suspect as being the culprit.
You may also be interested in these Literacy Mysteries:
- The Case of The Wacky Wand
- The Case of The Stolen Surfboard
- The Case of The Pilfered Pencils
- The Case of the Critter Chaos
- The Case of the Ruined Research
- The Case of the Masked Menace
- The Case of the Grumpy Ghost
- The Case of the Reckless Reindeer
OR Bundle and Save with the Private Eye CSI Literacy Mystery Bundle!
You may also like:
- Thanksgiving Digital CSI Math Mystery Game - Thanksgiving Thief!
Thank you for supporting my TpT Store! :)